RDS: "With familiarity the profound becomes mundane. With passion the mundane becomes profound."...... Saul Bellow :" A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." ......MORE PHOTOS @ saunterings.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WATERY WEDNESDAY #24






SUMMER DEWDROPS




Dew drops glisten on a spider's cobweb in late morning August sunshine.

Seems along way off in February
.

.
.

AFTER THE STORM


After wild storm thunder,
Dark, dreary rain clouds,
Relieved of their weight,
Lighten, float over the ridge.


Now dusk, sunlight breaks out,
Hill shadows descend to the lake,
Raindrops, looking like dewdrops,
Sparkle and dance with the sun.


And I go home.
.........................................RDS



Rain drops on canvas boat cover
At Treman Marina
Cayuga Lake , Ithaca, NY

7 comments:

Linnea said...

Beautiful images and words to go along with them. Wow! That spider web pic is amazing! Hi from California...

kden said...

Very cool spider web. I'm not sure I could get so close to a web to get a nice shot like that ;-)

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful images and words.
I like the boat cover one, it is so interesting to find beauty and not be sure what it is.

Anonymous said...

Great shots and words. That spider web shot is perfect and those dew drops look like strings of jewels.

Sherri B. said...

After wild storm thunder,
Dark, dreary rain clouds,
Relieved of their weight,
Lighten, float over the ridge.


Those words took my breath away! What a wonderful visual...

Beautiful spider web picture! I'm terrified of spiders, but that web sure is pretty. lol

Kathy W said...

Love the waterfall shots. Looks like you all are warming up there. =) Hope you have a great wednesday.

Judy said...

I like the spiderweb, but the boat cover really made me stop and wonder. At the same time that I hade to know what it was, I could admire the pattern of the raindrops!!

About the Sauntering Recluse

My photo
Ithaca, New York
Greenhouse operater well-rooted, now branching out. Photo and writing interests now springing from a long term dormancy.

Followers

nature

Nature Blog Network
Powered by WebRing.