RDS: "With familiarity the profound becomes mundane. With passion the mundane becomes profound."...... Saul Bellow :" A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." ......MORE PHOTOS @ saunterings.com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

OSI: FORK IN THE ROAD



FORK IN THE ROAD


Sauntering alone one fall day,
Came upon a spoon in a brook,
Although I had the time, No way
It was a stream to go afishing in.


Weathered stones, weathered spoon,
Much time together had been spent,
Some much alike they’ve come to be,
To separate would violate. So I went.
And I left them.


Sauntering home that fall day,
Came to a fork in the road,
It was new, so I took it, a
nd that,

That never made any difference.

............................................RDS

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe it made no difference, except for a great story/poem!

Quiet Paths said...

A story about a spoon and a stream... It really is sparking all sorts of images in my mind of my own wanderings along fishing streams. Thank you for this lovely scene.

SandyCarlson said...

I love the allusions to Frost here and the effect of taking time!

Sherri B. said...

What a wonderful take on this prompt...I love that you let the spoon rest right where it was with those stones. Great photo!

Tumblewords: said...

You surely produced a charming and evocative piece of work - great job....

Judy said...

Beautiful photo, and a great poem/story, too!

Anonymous said...

I like that photo..perfect. Sometimes I hesitate before I walk out the door without my camera!

Jim said...

Hey RDS, you had a big letdown, didn't you?
Or. You could drive, fly, or take the train. But you walk, you don't hurt the environment (disturb nature).

I like the latter interpretation better(the second is really an application of a different interpretation and NOT an interpretation).
..

About the Sauntering Recluse

My photo
Ithaca, New York
Greenhouse operater well-rooted, now branching out. Photo and writing interests now springing from a long term dormancy.

Followers

nature

Nature Blog Network
Powered by WebRing.