RDS: "With familiarity the profound becomes mundane. With passion the mundane becomes profound."...... Saul Bellow :" A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." ......MORE PHOTOS @ saunterings.com

Sunday, June 7, 2009

LIFE'S INTERSECTIONS ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION

LIFE’S INTERSECTIONS

The vast majority of humanity
Seek to destroy with inanity
Much quicker than profanity.
Let them curse, I shall ignore.

Never was the world in step
With this strange beast called me.
If you don't get along, no sense
One trying to join, you see.

I've tried to run the silly race,
To oblivion. A race to disgrace
Where free thought is condemned.
Now, myself I only want to face.

Be smart and keep to my own pace,
I need to find that special place
To reach beyond the shallow role,
Where I can cleanse my very soul.

....................................RDS

6 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Taking life at your own pace, in step with the beat of your heart, is magic.

floreta said...

sometimes you just have to march to your own beat :)

gautami tripathy said...

Right way to do it. Loved this!

OSI: strings cross with wires

Tumblewords: said...

So true...

gabrielle said...

if you look around, you will see other "strange beasts" grazing. i am one.
appreciate your choice of intersection.

Sherri B. said...

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that I must march to the beat of my own drummer. You expressed that so beautifully and lyrically with this poem!

About the Sauntering Recluse

My photo
Ithaca, New York
Greenhouse operater well-rooted, now branching out. Photo and writing interests now springing from a long term dormancy.

Followers

nature

Nature Blog Network
Powered by WebRing.